If you’re in Atlantic County you would be missing out if you didn’t stop by Garden State Beer Co, a micro brewery and tasting room located on White Horse Pike. This family friendly, dog friendly brewery is open 6 days a week and has a lot of beer (and fun!) to offer.
Co-owner Dr. Jason Stairs has a PhD in chemistry and applied his love of science and bio chemistry into home brewing beer in 2010. When an opportunity presented itself to open up his own brewery, he and his wife Carisa embarked on adventure of opening their own craft brewery in their hometown of Galloway. Together with fellow partners Brian Krenzien and Bryan Saul, Garden State Beer Co opened to the public in March of 2016.
One of the first things you’ll be impressed by with Garden State Beer Co is the size of their establishment. Originally a night club known as Delarato’s, which dated back to the 1950s (and once hosted NJ’s own Frank Sinatra), the location sat abandoned before the brewery rented it out.
There is plenty of room for sitting, drinking, playing games, and dancing (if you so choose). It also makes it a great spot for a private party or event.
On to the beer…
Garden State Beer Co typically fills all of the 10 taps they have at their bar. I tried all ten when I went there on my visit…
Beers They Had on Tap:
– Cream of the Crop (4.8% ABV, Cream Ale), smooth lager which won 2nd place at the AC Beer Festival
– Pop’s Wit (5.0% ABV) An Apfel Wit with a splash of apple juice in the kettle (Seasonal)
– Brewer’s Select (5.1% ABV) a whiskey barrel aged stout using barrels for Little Water Distillery in Atlantic City
– Old Ordinary Ale (4.0% ABV) in style of the original English Pale Ale, an English Bitter
– Blue Jersey (4.8% ABV), a smooth German American Wheat with a hint of blueberries
– Headless Hessian Pumpkin Ale (6.0% ABV), an Amber colored ale with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor and spice! (Seasonal)
– Absecon Bay IPA (5.5% ABV) Session India Pale Ale
– Leeds Point Wicked Porter (6.5% ABV) – an American Porter that’s easy to drink!
– White Horse Stout (4.0% ABV), a Dry Stout
– Nucky’s Empirial IPA (9% ABV) a hoppy Imperial India Pale Ale
Here are all 10 beers in flights and in order!
Although all the beer was great, I was a big fan of their flag ship beers: Cream of the Crop, Blue Jersey, and the Leeds Point Wicked Porter. The porter was the most interested to me since I’m typically not a big fan of them, but Garden State Beer Co makes an excellent, drinkable, smooth porter. Take my word for it.
Other things worth mentioning about this brewery are their non alcoholic root beer, their outdoor patio, and corn hole!
Go check out Garden State Beer Co for yourself, and/or find them on tap!
Additional Information on Garden State Beer Co:
For more information on New Jersey Breweries and/or Reviews, Click HERE