I’m always on the hunt for exciting crafts, decor, and jewelry artists from New Jersey… so it makes sense to visit an event like the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market to meet many vendors in one day!
Founded in 2012, the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market takes place three times a year at the Flemington Elks Lodge on Route 31. Founder Lee Platt is a local resident who is the driving force behind the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market. The main goal of every FPRFM events is to feed the hungry through donations. Admission to the event is only $2 OR free if you bring a non-perishable food item. All door proceeds are donated to the Flemington Area Food Pantry.
I attended their Spring Events, called “Punk Springs Eternal”, which ended up being their most attended event so far. I should know since I had difficulty finding parking!
Once inside the doors, we got to visit 40+ vendors from New Jersey and Pennsylvania who all had different items to share:
New Jersey Vendors:
– Vintage Items from Asbury Park Vintage
– The Beaded Dolphin which makes cool guitar pick jewelry
– Bee Stamped by Dawn, a vendor from Manasquan who makes hand crafted spoon jewelry and personalized gifts.
– Brain Fever Artwork from Mountainside, NJ who makes taxidermy inspired art
– Eelmonkey Art which makes Handmade Art Dolls, Plush Sugar Skulls, Custom Pet Figurines, Vintage Style Halloween art and more
– My friend the Fairy Oddmother who brought her A-game whimsy. Gotta love the pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich earrings:
– Latinsilver, a creative conceptualizer in dark, whimsical art from Hudson County
– Made by Pattie, unique bags and accessories from Red Bank, NJ
– PepperGrove Crafts who had cool lighted bottles
– Sacred Rose Herb & Root who brought tea to sample, potions, and premonitions
– Unique Art from Scatter Matter Studios from Frenchtown, NJ
– Scrumptious, Scrubs, and Soaps bringing homemade soap for your cleaning needs
– She’s Crafty, a shop that makes fantasy terrariums and more
– Smithical Realm Creations from Trenton, NJ which makes unique arts, crafts, and jewelry
– State Plate Signs, who make custom license plate signs. They majority of their license plates come from NJ. They’re pretty nifty:
– and Yardsale Press from Westfield, NJ which makes really cool art work and prints, including some cool New Jersey inspired art.
One of my favorite stores was Roadside Linen Arts from Philly who uses postcards to make really cool art and jewelry. Best part? 100% of their profits go to animal rescue groups, so be sure to check them out.
Other cool stores include vintage items from Vintage Moxie, Wood Etched art by Etched in Embers, Retro goodness from Red Hot Gal’s Boutique, haunting photography from Immortal Soul Photography, Cross Stitch and Patches from K.Wilborn Tallant Designs, Unusual art from True Poison, pop culture coasters and art from Luckydog Essentia & Curios, and Geeky Skirts and Accessories from Geek Girls’ Castle.
I picked up two things at the event. The first being an awesome postcard of Olga’s Diner from Pretty Patina Photography. Photographer Katy Ells takes amazing photos capturing abandoned places in New Jersey and beyond:
The second of the Bluth Family in all their beaded glory from Iron Madein Beads who hail from Phillipsburg, NJ. They had awesome pop culture perler bead art…definitely check them out.
Hungry? The Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market hosts food trucks as well. I was happy to see my buddy Tim from the WTF Food Truck:
Overall I had a great time at the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market and I hope I can make it to their next event. It’s an awesome event with cool vendors that raises money for a fantastic charity…what more could you ask for?
Additional Information on the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market:
Founded in 2012, the Flemington Punk Rock Flea Market brings the strange and unusual to the Hunterdon, NJ area while striving to stack the shelves in the local food pantry. This unique vintage, collectible, and artisan event is offered three times a year in Flemington, NJ during the Spring, Summer, and Fall/Winter season.