Welcome to the New Jersey Isn’t Boring Craft Beer Corner, where the local craft beer scene in the best up-and-coming state to be drinking craft beer right now. It’s a great time to be a beer drinker, and New Jersey is a great place to be doing it. I recommend that you get out there and grab yourself a pour.
If you haven’t noticed, there are different existing or up-and-coming craft breweries and brewpubs over the Garden State.
This is all thanks to a NJ Bill to boost microbreweries that was signed into law and passed Sept 2012, which:
• Permitted brewpubs to produce 10,000 barrels a year;
• Allowed brewpubs to distribute their product to liquor stores and restaurants through the wholesale distribution system;
• Increased the current cap on the number of brewpubs a company may open in New Jersey to ten;
• Permitted brewpubs to offer samples of their product on site as well as off site;
• Permitted microbreweries to sell brewed beer at its location for consumption on premises as part of a brewery tour and sell a limited amount for off-site consumption; and
• Allowed microbreweries to offer samples of their product both on and off the premises.
Be sure to check out my friends over at New Jersey Craft Beer for breaking news on new breweries, events etc.