Experience Boonton Main Street’s historic downtown! Businesses will be open late for an evening of sales, socializing, dining, art, and shopping. Visitors to Boonton Main Street during First Friday Late Night are encouraged to share photos on social media using the hashtags #BoontonBike and #BoontonFF.
For More Info visit:
Facebook – BtnMainStreet
Date: Friday, May 1, 2015 from 5-9 PM
Address: Main Street, Boonton, NJ
Official Press Release:
Boonton Main Street, Inc. will host it’s first ever First Friday Late Night: Bike Night on Friday, May 1st, from 4-9 PM. Businesses will be open late for dining, shopping, entertainment, socializing, and more.
“We are excited that so many people are looking forward to this inaugural event. Marty’s Reliable Cycle and Gran Fondo have worked with BMS to put together a night you are not going to want to miss,” says Chris Manzella, Executive Director, at Boonton Main Street.
The robust offering of events by both Marty’s Reliable Cycle and Gran Fondo can be found on the Boonton Main Street’s website under the “Events” section at http://www.boontonmainstreet.org.
When asked how Gran Fondo Executive Director William Ruddick feels about joining forces with Marty’s and BMS he said, “Since its inception in 2011, Gran Fondo NJ has been promoting cycling for all and in the process giving back into the community. We are thrilled to be supporting Boonton Main Street in its First Friday Late Night: Bike Night – a great way to see the town, and to relive the joy of riding a bicycle.”
Marty, of Marty’s Reliable Cycle shared, “I am very pleased to sponsor of Boonton Main Street’s First Friday Late Night: Bike Night. Community involvement and cycling advocacy are a major part of our store mission. Our store motto is ‘Saving the World with Bikes’.”
Some hi-lights of the evening are:
– A Community Fun Bike Ride through Boonton leaving from the Post Office at 4pm to kick off the evening. The ride will end back at the Post Office where riders can park and lock their bikes for the evening. Participants can bring their bike helmets into retailers and restaurants in Boonton for discounts and specials.
– Temporary bike racks will be set up in the Upper Plane Street lot, on the Williams Street side of the Post Office, the Division Street lot and the Boonton Train Station lot (202 Myrtle Avenue) for people to park and lock their bikes and then journey into town to take advantage of all that is going on! Main Street will not be closed for this event.W
– William Ruddick of Gran Fondo will be giving two, hour-long talks (6pm and 8pm at the Boonton Main Street Office – 620 Main Street) about his 10 week ride across Canada in 2010 and cataloged in his blog My Summer Behind Bars.
– Boonton Main Street will be running a raffle for the evening’s attendees. You can enter to win a Gran Fondo NJ Cycling Jersey signed by George Hincapie, 5 time Olympian and 17 time Tour De France rider (1st Prize) or $25 Gift Certificate to Boonton Sushi House (2nd Prize).
To enter you must do one of the following
1. Go to Boonton Main Street’s office located at 620 Main Street and donate $1/ticket.
2. Answer a question via social media about the Marty’s Reliable Cycle/ NJ Gran Fondo window on Main Street.
3. Post a picture of Bike Night on Facebook,Instagram or Twitter using #BoontonBike #BoontonFF
Retailers Participating in the Bike Helmet Promotion:
– Olde Towne Deli, 205 Main Street | 10% off a food order of $10 of more
– Sazon Latino, 209 Main Street | 10% Off
– Pasquales Pizza, 307 Main Street | 10% Off
– Eric’s Jamaican Cuisine, 309 Main Street | $5 Off an order of $25 or more
– Uptown Cutz, 313 Main Street | $15 Haircut
– Boonton Smoke & Deli, 314 Main Street | 10% Off your food purchase
– Mazibon Afghan Kebab, 315 Main Street | A free can of soda with purchase
– European Custom Tailor, 321 Main Street | 20% Off
– Bob’s Men Shop, 602 Main Street | Everything is 20% off
– Don’s Sandwich Shop, 606 Main Street | 10% off your sandwich order
– Darress Theater, 615 Main Street | 15% Off
– Boonton Barber Shop, 618A Main Street | $10 Haircuts!
– Bobby’s News and Gifts, 618 Main Street | Free Cup of Bobby’s Blend Coffee
– Chili Willies, 702 Main Street | 10% Off
– Eyewear By Evie, 715 Main Street | Eyewear will be 10% Off
– Latin American Restaurant, 800 Main Street | 10% Off
– Scoop House, 813 Main Street | Add a free topping to your ice cream!
– Head to Cask and Kettle Homebrew located at 904 Main Street for a free pint glass and bottle opener from Gran Fondo NJ and Marty’s Reliable Cycle and then bring it to Sharky’s West or Maxfield’s on Main for a $1 beer! (Limit one per customer. Craft Beers are excluded. Must be 21+)
– Quality Consignments, 908 Main Street | A selection of merchandise will be offered at 20% – 40% off.
– Electric Lotus Tattoo, 912 Main Street | 10% Off your new tattoo
– The Tyndale Collection, 920 Main Street | Select products will be 1/3 – 1/2 Off
– Unique Jewelry Boutique, 923 Main Street | 10% Off
Musicians and their locations include:
– Eyewear by Evie, 715 Main Street | Old Enough to Know Better, a three piece band that plays Rock and Roll ranging from the 50s through the 90s and Blues.
– Boonton Holmes Public Library, 621 Main Street | Driving Vinyl, a classic rock band playing the 60s through 80s.
– Papyrus Home Design, 922 Main Street | Failure To Launch, an acoustic cover band playing Dave Matthews, Skynryd, Matchbox 20, and many more.
– US Post Office, 501 Main Street | Hot Pink Apocalypse, a Dance Funk Jam Band will be playing outside at the Post Office.
– Iconic Images Art Gallery, 414 Main Street | LucaBoca will be playing Classic Rock/Country on his acoustic guitar.
Visitors to Boonton Main Street during First Friday Late Night are encouraged to share photos on social media using the hashtags #BoontonBike and #BoontonFF.
For more information about the evening’s events please visit: http://www.BoontonMainStreet.org.
Gran Fondo NJ is a fully supported endurance bicycle ride with routes of 18, 42, 62 and 107 miles through the scenic Morris, Somerset and Hunterdon counties in Northern New Jersey. The ride begins in Morristown and winds its way to the Delaware River and back. The Piccolo, Medio and Gran routes feature timed hill climbs with KoM, QoM and team awards. The ride features a classic “Mass Start”, themed rest stops along the routes, and a finish-line Expo and Locavore Food Festival to greet riders at the end. In keeping with an underlying theme of sustainability, Gran Fondo NJ is proud to be affiliated with five local charities, The Seeing Eye, Inc., Grow it Green, Morristown, Homeless Solutions, Inc., Sustainable Morristown and The New Jersey Bike and Walk Coalition,. In its first 4 years, the event has raised over $600,000 for charitable organizations
Marty’s Reliable Cycle supports the local communities where they are located by contributing to various schools and charities as much as we are able to afford. Marty’s Gran Fondo NJ donated over $100,000 to four local charities; The Seeing Eye, Homeless Solutions, Grow It Green Morristown and Sustainable Morristown. To find out more information about Marty’s please visit them at their website at www.martysreliable.com
Boonton Main Street, Inc. is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to preserving, promoting, and revitalizing the historic downtown shopping district of Main Street, Boonton, NJ. The organization is located at 620 Main Street, Boonton, NJ. (www.BoontonMainStreet.org)
About Boonton Main Street Inc:
Boonton Main Street, Inc. is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to preserving, promoting, and revitalizing the historic downtown shopping district of Main Street, Boonton, NJ. The organization is located at 620 Main Street, Boonton, NJ.